Everyone LOVES this recipe. With cream cheese, bacon and butter it’s the ultimate comfort food, plus make it in the morning on your way out the door and be welcomed home with dinner ready to serve. This pairs great with pork chops!
- 8 slices bacon
- 10 cups of Green Leaf corn
- 1 c. milk
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 – (8-oz.) block cream cheese, quartered
- 1/2 c. – (1 stick) butter, cut into tablespoons
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, then crumble.
- In a slow cooker, add corn, 3/4 of the cooked bacon, milk, and sugar and season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined, then top with cream cheese and butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 6 hours, stirring well after 1 hour.
- Garnish with remaining 1/4 of cooked bacon and green onions before serving.