Serve it as a side dish or as the main dish it’s that delicious. Of course we suggest making your own creamed corn, with Green Leaf Corn. It’s a perfect use for the frozen corn you have from last season. We included the spoonbread and homemade sweetcorn recipes below.
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can cream style corn – or make from scratch
- 2 cups Green Leaf corn
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the ingredients and mix well. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until the spoon bread is golden brown and set.
Here’s a quick recipe for Homemade Creamed Corn.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 cups Green Leaf frozen corn
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook it for a minute or so, stirring nearly constantly.
- Whisk in the half-and-half, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- Stir in the corn. After about 10 minutes, it should start to bubble. Once it’s bubbling, turn the heat down so it’s simmering gently.
- Cook the corn for another 15-20 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and the corn is nice and plump. Add salt & pepper as needed